GAZ Group, a part of one of Russia’s largest diversified industrial groups Basic Element, presents a new family of Ural NEXT vehicles. The new product continues the development of the NEXT Family, the production of which started at GAZ Group in 2013 with the launch of GAZelle NEXT. Serial production and sales of Ural NEXT will begin in the second half of 2015.
GAZ Group is presenting the new generation of Ural NEXT trucks. The Ural NEXT trucks expand the range of Ural vehicles bringing them to a new level of reliability and comfort. Modern appearance and interior, spacious and comfortable cabin, easy operation, excellent ergonomics are achieved through the use of modern engineering solutions and components that meet international quality standards. The new cabin module is installed on a modernized chassis with a high-tech aggregate base.
While maintaining the traditional advantages of the Ural brand – a unique cross-country capacities and high functionality, the vehicle features a higher reliability and comfort, improved handling and fuel efficiency. The implemented solutions allow to provide a guarantee on the car of 24 months or 100,000 km of run, with the service interval 15,000 km, high operational life and residual value.
Ural NEXT key advantages:
• Modern design, ergonomics and comfort
– The Ural NEXT vehicles have a new three-seat cabin providing a high level of comfort for the driver and passengers. The styling of the front end and a cockpit makes the vehicles look new and modern while keeping the recognizable features of the Ural branded vehicle: the wings, the expressed vertical lines of the grille, the metal front buffer. The height of the cabin can comfortably accommodate the driver and passengers, at the same time space is saved above the cab for mounting construction booms when installing attachments and superstructures.
– The cabin has wide steps for easy entrance. The driver’s seat is equipped with air suspension. The use of modern materials of the trims, high-quality seals and sealing improves the NVH characteristics. The basic configuration includes electric windows, central locking, electrically heated mirrors, heated fuel filters and fuel intakes.
– The glove box and niches for small items and documents are substantially bigger. The convenience of the driver in the dark is enhanced by the use of modern lighting (including LEDs) produced by Osvar and Hella.
• Reliability, fuel economy and functionality
– The vehicle is based on the upgraded chassis with 50 changes that significantly improve the basic parameters of the truck. Ural has become even more powerful and economical. The maximum load on the front axle is increased from 5.3 tons up to 6.5 tons, the payload capacity of the chassis grew from 12 to 13 tons. The permissible gross vehicle weight is increased up to 22.5 tons, the GVW of the train is up to 38 tons. Due to modernization of the transfer case the input torque has been increased 1.4-fold, the average fuel consumption was reduced by 8%. The base powertrain lineup for the Ural NEXT is a new YaMZ-536 diesel engine with the power of 240, 285, 312 h. p.
– The increased strength of the chassis is achieved through the use of a reinforced frame for the long-base versions. Upgraded axles, designed to improving the durability of mechanisms allowed to increase their service life. Application of the propeller shafts with a new design allows to double the transmitted torque and significantly extend the life of the driveline.
– The handling and safety of the car are significantly improved. The RBL integral steering mechanism with the built-in booster reduces the steering effort, improves the steering informativity and active safety, reduces maintenance and repair costs. The pneumatic transfer box and the parking brake system increase the ease of operation and reliability. The trucks have a pneumatic high-performance brake system with Wabco components. Transverse differential lock of the middle and rear axles with pneumatic drive allows to overcome the most difficult off-road conditions. Upon request, vehicles are equipped with manual transmission made by YaMZ or ZF.
Vadim Sorokin, GAZ Group President:
– The development of Ural NEXT is the result of successful cooperation between enterprises and design services of GAZ Group. The ATV cabin for the new Ural generation was designed by the United Engineering Center based on the GAZelle NEXT and GAZon NEXT cabins, the serial production of the Ural cabin module will be conducted at the facilities of the Gorky Automobile Plant in the same flow with other GAZ cabins, the YAMZ-536 engine was developed at our Yaroslavl Motor Works. The Ural engineers used the unique experience of developing vehicles for operation in extremely hard road conditions at very low temperatures, implementing at the same time a lot of innovations making the vehicle not only functional but also very comfortable. The outcome of cooperation between the GAZ Divisions was the truck of the new generation that completely satisfies the requirements of the customers representing various sectors of the national economy.
Victor Kadylkin, Ural Plant Managing Director:
– We continue developing the model range and to improve the characteristics of our vehicles. Focusing on the demands of our customers, we have created a vehicle of the new generation Ural NEXT that will help to increase the share of Ural trucks in the Russian heavy-duty truck segment. Ural NEXT is characterized by its modern look and interior, comfortable cabin, easy drivability, improved performance characteristics – increased maneuverability and durability plus reduced fuel consumption. At the same time, the vehicle has retained its traditional high off-road capabilities. Thus, our vehicle range has been extended with a new product awaited by the customers in all the sectors of the economy that traditionally use the Ural trucks– construction, oil and gas extraction, forest industry, mining, public utilities, etc.