- Dacia sets new sales record with 5 million vehicles sold since 2004
- Sales rose by 12 per cent in 2017 with 655,000 global sales
- Sandero is the number one best-selling retail car in Europe
- More than 120,000 Dacias have been sold in the UK since 2013
Dacia continues to grow in 2018 and the brand has just passed the milestone of 5 million vehicles sold since 2004 in all markets. In less than 15 years, Dacia has gone from a single model to a range of six cars sticking to its principles to always offer the best value and most affordable cars on the market.
The popularity of the brand globally is reflected in another record-breaking year in 2017:
- Sandero is Europe’s favourite car (ranking first in sales to retail customers in Europe)
- Volumes up 12 per cent to 655,000 units
- 25 Dacia countries achieved volume or market share records in 2017
Dacia has also forged a strong link between the brand and its customers. The enthusiastic Dacia community can be seen in the Dacia Day and Dacia Picnic events that are attended by thousands of people each summer all over Europe.
Since Dacia’s relaunch in 2004, the brand has positioned itself differently to its competitors by not joining the race for ‘always more’ but by focusing instead on giving customers just what they need and on doing that very well.
According to François Mariotte, Sales and Marketing Director, Dacia: “Dacia fits perfectly into new consumption patterns where customers decide to buy ‘less but better’. They are choosing more durable, quality goods, paid for at the right price and without sacrificing comfort or aesthetics. This is a major trend that can be observed in other sectors such as furniture, air transport and clothing. Dacia is the only car manufacturer to respond to this trend and thus enable millions of customers to enjoy buying a new and reliable vehicle at an unbeatable price”.
In the UK, the Dacia model line-up consists of the rugged Dacia Duster, the Sandero supermini – still the most affordable new car on sale in the UK, the Sandero Stepway – the UK’s most popular Dacia model, as well as the spacious Logan MCV and crossover inspired Logan MCV Stepway.