Toyota’s impressive, electrified lineup showed up big at the 2022 Electrify Expo in Long Beach, California. As a leader in electrified mobility, Toyota’s display features the all-new battery electric 2023 bZ4X and the Tundra i-FORCE MAX hybrid, along with other Toyota plug-in hybrids and fuel cell electric models to explore. Toyota plans to expand to around 70 electrified models globally by 2025 and this diverse portfolio of electrified products will help propel Toyota toward its goal of carbon neutrality by 2050. The expo kicked off its 2022 tour at the Long Beach Convention Center, June 3-5.
Going Beyond Zero
Toyota’s all-new, battery-electric bZ4X is the first of seven electric vehicles that will be introduced globally under the “Toyota bZ” brand moniker, with “bZ” standing for “Beyond Zero”. The sleek SUV comes in two grades in both front wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) with XLE FWD, obtaining an EPA-estimated range rating of up to 252 miles per charge. The design theme of “hi-tech and emotional” shows through the bold exterior and wide, spacious interior with premium finishes. It comes loaded with intuitive tech features through a standard 12.3-inch widescreen Toyota Audio Multimedia system that offers interaction through touch and voice activation controls. The bZ4X also demonstrates first-in-class drivability with smooth acceleration, instant torque delivery and off-pavement capability on AWD models with X-mode®. The bZ4X is arriving in dealers now and starts at $42,000 for the XLE FWD model.
Bringing impressive balance of efficiency and power
Along with the bZ4X, Toyota brought several other beloved electrified vehicles to experience at the festival’s Ride and Drive event, including the Tundra i-FORCE MAX hybrid, Prius Prime, RAV4 Prime and Mirai.
- Tundra i-FORCE MAX boasts an all-new hybrid twin-turbo V6 on the third-generation Tundra that was redesigned from the ground up. This powerful powertrain produces 437 horsepower and 583 lb.-ft of torque without compromising efficiency, with an EPA-estimated fuel economy of up to 22 MPG combined on certain models. And it comes standard on the premium Capstone and highly capable TRD Pro Grade, which is available to drive.
- Prius Prime is the plug-in hybrid version of the world’s bestselling hybrid, with an EPA-estimated 54 combined MPG and astounding 640-mile driving range. It also has an estimated 133 MPGe when fully charged. It was the first Toyota hybrid to use a dual-motor drive system that helps improve acceleration in EV mode for spirited driving of up to an estimated 25 miles when fully charged. With advanced interior displays and intelligent efficiency, the iconic Prius continues to redefine the latest in hybrid technology.
- RAV4 Prime is the quickest, most powerful and most fuel efficient RAV4 ever, offering an EPA-estimated 42 miles on battery alone on a single charge. The RAV4 Prime has up to a manufacturer-estimated 94 combined MPGe along with an impressive 302-combined net horsepower, advanced all-wheel drive and exclusive design features that make it a maven on the road.
- Mirai, which means future in Japanese, is Toyota’s fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) powered by hydrogen that omits only water from its tailpipe. The second-generation Mirai is built on a rear-wheel drive platform, creating a mid-size luxury-sport sedan with improved driving performance and range of 402 EPA-estimated miles on the Mirai XLE — a nearly 30% increase in range from the first-generation model.
Toyota’s activation showcases the electrified lineup highlighting the bZ4X, Mirai and Prius Prime which are on display. The interactive space also features the following for attendees:
- Access to an all-new Powertrain Lifestyle digital quiz to pair users with a powertrain that will best align with their needs
- Screen printed swag bags printed in real-time on a fully recyclable tote bag featuring a limited-edition design