Scania reports another quarter of strong performance, reflecting sustained demand for our products and services in a challenging business environment.
• Scania’s net sales grew by 19 percent to SEK 47.4 billion (39.8) in the third quarter 2023
• Adjusted operating margin was 11.5 percent (7.7)
• Deliveries decreased by 1 percent to 21,293 vehicles
• Deliveries of Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) decreased by 24 percent to 44 (58)
• The service business increased by 9 percent adjusted for currency
• Order intake increased by 19 percent to 23,083 vehicles
Scania continued to perform strongly in the third quarter, growing both vehicle and service revenue. Net sales increased by 19 percent to SEK 47.4 billion and with adjusted operating income of SEK 5.5 billion, adjusted operating margin rose to 11.5 percent (7.7). Despite continued disruptions in delivery flows and cost inflation, margins increased thanks to Scania’s strong commercial focus.
“Overall global demand remains at a high level for Scania’s vehicles and services. In Europe, we see a slightly lower transport activity in some markets and that demand is weakening somewhat due to high interest rates and inflation. In Latin America, demand is developing positively mainly driven by Brazil and Mexico,” CEO Christian Levin comments.