Nidec Advance Technology Corporation (“Nidec Advance Technology” or the “Company”) today announced the launch of the external sale ofTDAS-1202P, a uniaxial test bench to evaluate the performance of EV traction motor units, and TDAS-2032P, a biaxial test bench to evaluate the performance of E-Axle, the EV traction motor system that houses a motor, a gear, and an inverter.
The TDAS series: How it was developed
As the global electrification of vehicles continues, recent years are witnessing a rapid growth in the demand for test benches to evaluate EV traction motors and E-Axle units. Used to develop and test the Nidec Group’s E-Axle units, Nidec Advance Technology’s TDAS series was developed to optimize the units’ cost and quality and the accuracy of their evaluation tests, and expedite the growth of automotive electrification.
TDAS-1202P, a test bench to evaluate EV traction motors with up to 20,000rpm/700Nm, can perform motor performance, efficiency/electricity cost, low-high temperature environment, and conformance (ISO, etc.) tests, and accommodate the world’s fastest-level rotating speeds among test benches of the same price range. TDAS-2032P, a test bench to evaluate E-Axle units with up to 3,300rpm/3,300Nm, boasts the same testing range as that of TDAS-1202P.
The TDAS series: Its features
- The TDAS series measures current, voltage, rotating speed, torque, temperature, and vibration with high accuracy and frequency, and is capable of data processing and analysis by, for example, displaying an efficiency map.
- Capable of executing testing sequence, running mode, etc. in automatic and semi-automatic modes, the TDAS series requires fewer people in the testing environment.
- With both of its inverter and battery simulator equipped with regenerative capability, the TDAS series can reduce power consumption inside the motor bench as necessary.
- By using a thermostat chamber and a low- & high-temperature chiller, the TDAS series accommodates tests that monitor the temperatures of specimen cooling oil and liquid coolant among others.
- The TDAS series can handle a variety of specimen, and uses a positioning function-equipped faceplate system for easy replacement work (TDAS-1202P only).
In addition to the above, eyeing future demand increase, the Company can build BEV and HEV inverter benches using those products, and has available solutions for low-cost test benches. Going forward, Nidec Advance Technology will utilize multiple test benches installed in its factory to accommodate its customers’ test and evaluation requests, while, with support from Japan’s NEDO (New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization), developing benches for 30,000rpm-class high-speed motors and test benches for gear boxes.
The Nidec Group produces various related products in-house, to stay committed to improving its motors’ efficiency to curb electricity consumption, and proposing revolutionary solutions that contribute to reducing environmental load.
SOURCE: Nidec Advance Technology