There are now only ten days to go until our Megatrends India conference, which takes place on 25 – 26 February.
Day 1 of the conference focuses on Commercial Vehicle and opens with a Big Picture panel discussion featuring leading figures from India’s top truck manufacturers, who will discuss the outlook for India’s commercial vehicle market over the next ten years and beyond.
Panelists for the Big Picture Panel discussion include:
- Ravi Pisharody, President, Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors
- Marc Llistosella, CEO and Managing Director, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles
- Anders Grundströmer, Managing Director, Scania Commercial Vehicles India and Senior Vice President, Scania Group
- A. Ramasubramanian, President, AMW Motors
- Philippe Divry, Managing Director, Volvo India and Senior Vice President, Truck Joint Ventures India, Volvo Group
This will be followed by three sessions of presentations covering a broad range of topics, from powertrain efficiency to supplier management via sustainability.
Session 2 of day 1 will be moderated by Martin Kahl, Editor, Automotive World and will feature presentations including:
- 12.00pm: “The Market Outlook for Commercial Vehicles” by Kamini Patel, Vice President & Managing Director, Power Systems Research
- 12.30pm: “Modernization of commercial vehicles – Driving change in manufacturing” by Aditya Shrivastava, Vice President Operations, VE Commercial Vehicles Limited
- 1pm: Sirish Batchu, General Manager, Head – Infotronics Technology, Mahindra & Mahindra
- 1.30pm “The Aluminium Advantage for Sustainable Transportation” by Ross Simmons, General Manager (Sales & Technical for Asia & Australia), Alcoa Wheel Products
Session 3 will be moderated by Mayank Bansal, Principal, AT Kearney, and will feature presentations including:
- 3.00pm: “Sustainable transport and Low Emissions” by Krister Thulin, Presales & Marketing Director, Scania Commercial Vehicles India
- 3.30pm: “Development Trends in Commercial Vehicles in Indian Market” by Dr Ajit Kumar Jindal, Head Engineering Commercial Vehicles, Tata Motors
- 4pm: “Liquid Air – the new solution for cleaner and cheaper transport and refrigeration” by Toby Peters, Founder & CEO, Dearman
This will be followed by the final session of the day, Session 4, which will be moderated by Vijay Kakade, Director Automotive & Transportation, Frost & Sullivan. The session will feature presentations including:
- 5pm: “Supplier Monitoring and Supplier Activities” by Erich Nesselhauf, Vice President of Procurement & SCM, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles
- 5.30pm: ”Global Supplier: Challenges, Tasks and Solutions” by Piyush Munot, India Managing Director, ZF India Private Limited
- 6pm: “Efficient Transport Solutions – Trends and challenges along the distribution chain” by Philipp Bäcker
General Manager, BPW Trailer Systems India Private Limited
Day 2 of the conference focuses on Passenger Car and is dedicated to light vehicles. Key industry stakeholders will present on topics including current and future powertrain developments, electronics and safety, and on the outlook for vehicle production and sales.
Session 1 is the Big Picture Panel Discussion, which will see leading stakeholders discuss the outlook for India’s light vehicle market over the next ten years and beyond.
Moderated by Rakesh Batra, Partner and National Leader – Automotive Sector, EY, this session will feature panellists including:
- Sudarshan Sarma, Industry Manager-Automotive, Google India Pvt Ltd
- Nitish Tipnis, Director Marketing & Sales, Hover Automotive India (HAI)
- General Motors, TBC
Session 2 will be moderated by Mayank Bansal, Principal, AT Kearney, and will feature presentations including:
- 12.05pm: “Conventional powertrain technologies and their role in CO2 and emission reduction” by Mayank Agochiya, President, Ricardo India Private Ltd
- 12.25pm: “Liquid Air – the new solution for cleaner and cheaper transport and refrigeration” by Toby Peters, Founder & CEO, Dearman
- 12.45pm: “2pedal transmissions & hybrids: can they be innovated for India?” by Alex Serrarens, Manager Business Development, Punch Powertrain
- 1.05pm: “Into the Automotive Future” by Piyush Munot, India Managing Director, ZF India Private Limited
Session 3 will be moderated by Rajiv Bajaj, Principal, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, and will feature presentations including:
- 3pm: “Flexibility in Manufacturing” by Tom S. Chackalackal, Executive Director – Manufacturing, Ford India
- 3.30pm: “Evolution of powertrain supply base in India and way forward” by Srihari (Sri) Mulgund, Manager – Strategic Consulting, Ricardo India Private Ltd
- 4pm: “Electronic Security features in passenger vehicles – global trends and Indian outlook” by Markus Pfefferer, General Manager India, Ducker Worldwide
The final session, Session 4, will also be moderated by Rajiv Bajaj, Principal, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, and will feature presentations including:
- 5.00pm: “Navigation in India: Filling a gap or creating one?” by Péter Bolesza, VP – EEU and Emerging Markets, NNG
- 5.30pm: “Connected Car – Technology Trends”by Harikrishna Khandavilli, Head – Engineering & Location, BU Body & Security Company, Continental Automotive Components (India) Pvt. Ltd
- 6.00pm: “Smart Cars – The Future of Mobility” by Joy Rajan Cheruvathoor, Sr. Vice President, Vodafone Business Services
To register for this event, please go to http://megatrendsindia.automotiveworld.com/register/
For further details on this event, please contact the event manager, Amanda James: email@example.com / +44 (0) 292 070 9318
Download your free copy of Automotive World’s Megatrends magazine today. This quarterly publication covers a range of forward-looking automotive and commercial vehicle topics, from concept through to aftersales.