Powered by all new mFALCON engine, marks Mahindra’s entry into petrol space Prices start at an attractive Rs. 4.42 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune for the K2 petrol variant) To be available across Mahindra dealerships pan India with immediate effect
- The KUV100 is set to appeal to the cool and trendy youth with its aggressive styling and dominant SUV stance, stylish premium interiors, ample space to accommodate 6 passengers comfortably, ABS and EBD standard across all variants and optional airbags available even for the base variant, peppy performance, high fuel efficiency making it India’s most fuel efficient diesel SUV with 25.32kmpl (ARAI certified) as well as accessible technologies like Daytime Running Lamps and Power/ECO Mode.
- It is powered by the all new mFALCON family of petrol and diesel engines and marks Mahindra’s entry into the petrol space.
- The KUV100 boasts of:
- Aggressive Design with Imposing SUV Stance: Tall and wide, with an aggressive front fascia and muscular body lines, the KUV100 has been sculpted to dominate.
- Unique wraparound sunglass-like headlamps, trendy daytime running lamps, chrome-accented front and rear fog lamps, spider-design alloy wheels, stylish roof rails, sporty rear spoiler, and body side cladding add a whole new dimension to its exterior style.
- Stylish, Refined and Spacious Interiors: Premium dual-tone interiors with piano black inserts, 1st in class flexi seating to comfortably seat 6 passengers, sporty joystick-like gearshift, mood lighting inside door handles, unique flat-folding rear seat and innovative under-floor and under-seat storage spaces catch immediate attention.
- All New mFALCON Engines with Petrol and Diesel Options: The mFALCON petrol and diesel engine family is built to deliver high low-end torque for peppy performance. The mFALCON G80 is a 1.2L, MPFI and dual VVT petrol engine that delivers 61kW (82bhp) power and 115Nm torque while the mFALCON D75 is a 1.2L turbo-charged, diesel engine with CRDI technology that delivers 57.4kW (77bhp) power and 190Nm torque. The KUV100 is also India’s most fuel-efficient diesel SUV with an ARAI-certified mileage of 25.32kmpl.
- High on Safety: ABS with EBD standard across all variants, dual airbags available as option even on the base variant, ISOFIX mounts for child seat on rear seat, 1st in class dual rear fog lamps, speed-sensing auto door locks, automatic hazard lights on panic braking. KUV100 is ready ahead of time to meet the upcoming 2017 safety regulations (applicable to KUV100 in 2019).
- Accessible Technology Features: 1st in class (in diesel) Power/ECO Mode and Micro-Hybrid Technology, Infotainment System with TFT display screen, Driver Information System, Steering-mounted audio & phone controls, Electrically adjustable ORVMs.
- Superior Ride and Handling: The suspension, tuned for Indian conditions, delivers car-like ride and handling.
- Excellent warranty of 2 years / unlimited kms.
- The KUV100 is available in 7 variants: K2 & K2+, K4 & K4+, K6 & K6+ and K8 in both petrol & diesel with 5 & 6 seater options. It comes in 7 attractive colours of Fiery Orange, Flamboyant Red, Aquamarine, Pearl White, Dazzling Silver, Designer Grey and Midnight Black.
- The KUV100 is manufactured at Mahindra’s world-class manufacturing plant in Chakan, Maharashtra.
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today launched its much awaited compact SUV – KUV100 (pronounced as KUV ‘1 double Oh’), the young SUV. The KUV100 combines aggressive styling and an SUV stance with refined and stylish interiors, ample space to comfortably seat 6 passengers, thoughtful safety features such as ABS with EBD standard across the range, dual airbags optional from the base variant and ISOFIX mounts for a child seat on the rear seat, with peppy performance from both petrol and diesel engines, high fuel efficiency and accessible technology making it an irresistible and aspirational offering for those eager to make a unique style statement. Available at Mahindra dealerships across India from today, the KUV100 starts at an attractive price of Rs. 4.42 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune for the K2 petrol variant) and Rs. 5.22 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune for the K2 diesel variant).
Built on an all-new monocoque platform and designed in-house with contemporary urban crossover cues the KUV100 sports a design language that is unique. The sculpted exterior with sharp lines, prominent hood, high beltline and dynamic design, aggressive front fascia, chiseled muscular body and large square wheel arches establish its dominating road presence and lends it the SUV stance. Further, its unique wrap around sunglass like headlamps, trendy daytime running lamps, chrome accented fog lamps, spider-design alloy wheels, and double barrel tail lamps all take the cool quotient a notch higher. The refined interiors aptly compliment the exteriors with their spacious and stylish feel, unique flexi 6 seating capacity, intuitive features and innovative storage spaces.
Speaking at the launch Dr. Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, “The launch of KUV100 is a defining moment in the automotive journey of Mahindra. KUV100 is our first foray into ground up petrol engine and with it we are defining a new SUV sub-segment and targeting a new customer group. Yet another ‘Make in India’ product, the KUV100 aptly represents our ‘Rise’ philosophy in action, as our development team used alternative thinking and challenged the limits to deliver a vehicle that is poised to be nothing less than a game changer for us. We are entering a new orbit and hope to deliver yet another icon, yet another dream SUV”.
Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive, (Automotive) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., while speaking at the launch in Chakan said, “This is a very proud moment for us, as the KUV100 turns a new leaf in Mahindra’s evolution in the SUV segment. Being the market leader in the SUV space, it has always been our endeavour to offer breakthrough products and category creators and we have consistently done that, be it with the Scorpio or the XUV500 and TUV300 more recently. Being a listening organization, we identified that today’s youth would want an SUV that helps them stand out, that reflects their personality and enhances their lifestyle. I believe the KUV100 will appeal to youth and first time car buyers with its aggressive styling, trendy interiors, long feature list and attractive price point and emerge as a winner.”
Under the hood, the KUV100 is powered by the advanced mFALCON, an all-new engine family with options of both petrol (mFALCON, G80) and diesel (mFALCON, D75). The 1.2L, 61Kw (82 bhp), multi-point fuel injection and dual VVT petrol engine and the 1.2L 57.4 Kw (77 bhp) turbo-charged diesel engine with common rail direct injection technology, both deliver high, low-end torque for peppy performance. Further, with a fuel efficiency of 25.32 km/l (ARAI certified), the KUV100 is also India’s most fuel efficient diesel SUV.
While cars can seat only 4 or 5 passengers, the KUV100 lets you change the seating configuration as per your convenience with the unique, 1st in class flexi-6 seater option to seat 6 passengers quite comfortably. This flexible 6th seat can also be converted to a large armrest for the driver and co-driver. KUV100 is also available in a 5-seater option.
The KUV100 is all set to create new benchmarks in safety in this price segment with ABS with EBD standard even on the base variant. Not just that, dual airbags are available on optional variants from the base variant as well and as standard on the top end variant. KUV100 is ready ahead of time to meet the upcoming 2017 safety regulations (applicable to KUV100 in 2019).The vast array of safety features include ISOFIX mounts for child seat on rear seat, a “body cage” of ultra-high strength steel that provides enhanced safety to the occupants, ELR seat belts with emergency locking retractors, speed-sensing auto door locking and auto-unlocking in the event of a crash, automatic hazard lights on panic braking and dual rear fog lamps. Peace of mind is guaranteed with an excellent warranty of 2 years/unlimited kms.
Customers can choose between 7 variants (K2, K2+, K4, K4+, K6, K6+, K8), petrol and diesel engine options, 5/6 seater options and 7 exciting colours – Fiery Orange, Flamboyant Red, Aquamarine, Pearl White, Dazzling Silver, Designer Grey and Midnight Black.