In the period to 2020, India’s new vehicle market will be shaped by several government policies, including the Automotive Mission Plan 2016–26, the introduction of GST in 2017, tighter emission and safety standards, and vehicle scrappage schemes.
This exclusive Automotive World report reviews India’s recovering market for light vehicles and heavy CVs, examines the potential impact of these policies and outlines how the new vehicle market will hit new sales peaks in the forecast period.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Chapter 1: Recent light vehicle (LV) demand
- Chapter 2: Market characteristics
- Ownership levels
- Chapter 3: Market shares
- Chapter 4: AMP 2026, GST, Emissions, Safety and Scrappage
- Chapter 5: Economic outlook
- Chapter 6: Outlook for LV demand
- Chapter 7: Recent HCV demand & market characteristics
- Chapter 8: HCV market shares
- Chapter 9: Outlook for HCV demand