Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWCV) has delivered 170,000 vehicles worldwide from January until April. Compared to the same period last year, this corresponds to an increase of 5.4 per cent. The largest sales region was Western Europe with 119,500 vehicles (+7.6 per cent).
The delivery volume in Western Europe was highly influenced by the core markets:
- Germany: 44,900 vehicles (+4.1 per cent)
- UK: 16,600 vehicles (+1.7 per cent)
- Spain: 6,600 vehicles (+34.8 per cent)
- France: 6,300 vehicles (+2.9 per cent)
- Italy: 4,500 vehicles (+20.7 per cent)
In Eastern Europe 16,000 vehicles were delivered in the first four months of the year (+27.2 per cent).
North and South America
So far this year, the brand has delivered 2,700 vehicles (+17.1 per cent) to customers in Mexico (North American market) and 13,000 vehicles (-11.4 per cent) to customers in South America.
The delivery volume in Africa has almost doubled with 8,100 vehicles compared to the same period last year (+49.1 per cent).
Asia-Pacific and Middle East
The deliveries in the Asian-Pacific and Middle East regions decreased to 6,800 units (-11.9 per cent) and 3,900 units (-48.2 per cent).
Brand deliveries according to model ranges (January – April 2019):
- T series: 67,100 vehicles (+6.9 per cent)
- Caddy: 54,400 vehicles (-3.1 per cent)
- Amarok: 24,800 vehicles (-4.0 per cent)
- Crafter: 23,600 vehicles (+43.1 per cent)
In April, VWCV delivered 44.500 vehicles worldwide. This is a slight decrease of 4.3 percent compared to the same month last year. The reason for the difference of around 2,000 vehicles is disproportionately high deliveries in April 2018 after a temporary delivery stop of T6 vehicles with passenger car registration.