Following the recommendation of the Nominating Committee, and approval at the Meeting of the Board of Directors that was held today, AGC (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.) announced changes in the Representative Directors as described below. The changes in the Representative Directors will be made subject to approval at the Meeting of Board of Directors which will be held after the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders to be held in late March 2013.
1. Reason of the changes
Mr. Katsuhisa Kato , current Representative Director, will not return as Director and Executive Vice President in March, 2013. Mr. Yoshiaki Tamura, current Senior Executive Officer, will be promoted as Executive Vice President on January 1st, 2013, and will assume the post of Representative Director to assist the Group CEO in every aspect of corporate management for further accelerating the growth and development of the AGC Group as a head of technology of the group.
2. Changes in the Representative Directors
(1) The following person is a candidate to be newly appointed: Yoshiaki Tamura, Representative Director; Executive Vice President; Overall business management (Technology); GM of Technology General Division; Deputy leader of AGC Group Improvement Activities
(2) The following Representative Director will not return: Katsuhisa Kato, Representative Director; Executive Vice President; Assistant to CEO
3. Profile of the newly appointed Representative Director Yoshiaki Tamura: Date of birth Oct. 3 ,1954
Educational Background Mar., 1979 Master degree of Inorganic Materials , Tokyo Institute of Technology
Mr. Tamura joined Asahi Glass in April 1979. He as lately been serving as Senior Executive Officer; President of Electronics Company, Asahi Glass
Number of shares the director owns: 20,000 shares
4. Date of the change March 28, 2013