A proposal for how people can live comfortably with peace of mind by leveraging Honda technologies to “generate” and “use” energy and “get connected” for energy
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced plans to exhibit its broad range of energy management technologies including an all-new fuel cell vehicle at the SMART MOBILITY CITY 2015, an organizer-themed project to be held within the venue of the 44th Tokyo Motor Show 2015 (Venue: Tokyo Big Sight/Press days: October 28-29, 2015, Public days: October 30 – November 8, 2015).
Under the theme of “enabling people to live comfortably with peace of mind using technologies to ‘generate’ and ‘use’ energy and ‘get connected’ for energy,” Honda will present the unique form of a “smart community” that only Honda can propose. The exhibit will include Honda’s original Smart Hydrogen Station (SHS) equipped with the Power Creator, a high-differential-pressure electrolyzer that “generates” energy, an all-new FCV (tentative name) that “uses” energy and the Power Exporter 9000, the external power output that supplies energy from FCVs and EVs to homes and other facilities to let the community to “get connected”.
Honda will showcase power feeding from a FCV using the Honda Power Manager, a V2H compatible DC normal charger that is chargeable with renewable energy. Honda also will propose the use of a removable mobile battery pack as a form of renewable energy carrier. As a reference, the exhibit also will include the concept model of a new micro-sized EV which uses the mobile battery pack as a power source.
Moreover, on November 4, 2015, Honda will co-host a symposium entitled “Life in future will be changed by smart mobility.” In this symposium, Honda will propose future directions for city planning based on the knowledge and issues gained through separate field tests of the MC-β, a new micro-sized mobility product, Honda has been conducting jointly with Kumamoto Prefecture, Saitama City, and Miyakojima City in Japan since November 2013.
Beyond creating mobility products, Honda proactively been making progress in developing technologies for the generation and effective utilization of energy used by mobility products. With this approach, Honda will continue its challenges toward the realization of the joy and freedom of mobility and a sustainable society where people can enjoy life.
＜Key products/technologies on display＞
- All-new FCV (tentative name)
- Power Exporter 9000, external power output (planned production model)
- Mockup model of the Smart Hydrogen Station (SHS)
- Honda Power Manager, a V2H compatible DC normal charger
- Honda MBEV (Mobile Battery EV) Concept, a concept model for a micro-sized EV (reference exhibit)
- Mobile battery pack
- Theme: “Life in future will be changed by smart mobility. – considering future community planning based on the progress of a promotion project of micro-sized mobility introduction. ”
- Date/Time: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 from 1:00pm – 4:30pm
- Venue: Tokyo Big Sight Conference Tower, Room 607/608
- Jointly hosted by Honda, Kumamoto Prefecture, Saitama City, and Miyakojima City