Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced it will showcase the benefits of monetizing data for mobile service providers at Mobile World Congress 2014, February 24-27. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) and several telecommunications partners will demonstrate the ability of big data applications in telecom to lower network and operations costs, reduce customer churn protecting existing business revenues, and create new revenue streams. World-class quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE) is possible only through the integration of a streaming data platform technology for real-time data, and the use of Hadoop and database technologies for batch and online data.
Mobile World Congress – Hitachi Booth #6-60A
Fira Gran Via
Av. Joan Carles I, 64
08908 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat
- “Hitachi and Brocade have partnered to become trusted providers of networking solutions that provide a highly resilient foundation for our mutual communications, media and entertainment customers. In addition to delivering solutions that support industry-leading hypervisor, database and application environments, we have now expanded our offerings to deliver converged infrastructure that is designed to support new solutions such as network analytics, network management and file-based media workflows that enable new services, while reducing cost and complexity.” – Charlie Leeming, vice president, Worldwide OEM Sales, Brocade
- “Mobile backhaul service providers are in a great position to monetize the data traversing their networks. JDSU PacketPortal’s unique ability to get intelligent visibility and real time metrics from deep in the network, and Hitachi’s highly scalable streaming data platform, enable network providers to provide a Hosted Analytics platform to its customers, improve service delivery, and achieve new business models.” – George Cray, vice president and general manager, PacketPortal, JDSU
- “SeaChange’s open software products were shaped by rapid deployments with some of the world’s largest and most demanding service providers where multiple vendors are in play. Our integration with Hitachi Data Systems gives fixed-line and mobile service providers a massively scalable, ready-to-roll platform for a new revenue line from multi-screen television serving millions of subscribers.” – Andrei Noppe, senior vice president and general manager, EMEA and APAC operations, SeaChange.
- Fine-Grain Analytics for Video Premium Services (With JDSU): Learn how to deliver differentiated broadcast video to premium subscribers by improving QoS in network delivery and extracting real-time performance data to proactively optimize network parameters, policies, and the quality of user experience.
- Carrier-Hosted Analytics – Backhaul Services (With JDSU): Experience hosted-as-a-service, real-time granular data collection, correlation, analysis and visualization. Features demonstrated will include dashboards and visualizing packets for trouble- shooting network bottlenecks highlighting dynamic threshold capabilities.
- Virtual Network Platform: Learn about seamless SDN resource management of the carrier network that provides enhanced OAM. See traffic engineering with application specific optimal network routing delivering SLA and QoS assurance.
- Multiscreen Video Delivery (With SeaChange): A single converged platform provides advanced monetization, with video analytics, platform management and individual user personalization. Supports multiscreen and integrated with back-office and device management, media workflow management and transcoding.
- Brocade Deterministic Networks with Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) for Media (With Brocade): Experience best of breed networking technologies with Brocade and Hitachi Data Systems technologies integrated into a single converged platform. Embedded and modular Ethernet fabrics for media workflows that deliver highly available, reliable, UCP networking solutions
- Hitachi Content Platform and Hitachi Cloud Services: Learn how to secure enterprise files through sync and share from anywhere with any device.
- The Internet of Things and Network Function Virtualization: See how to rapidly deploy LTE NFV for mobile operators for highly scalable vEPC solutions.
- RAN-Aware Video Traffic Optimization: Watch the QoE of video traffic for users on a per/base station using real-time analytics.
- Advanced M2M Network Solution: See this end-to-end solution comprised of M2M cloud, network design, M2M gateways, and ingest sensors for multiple verticals, including manufacturing, all while providing low cost and secure traffic management.