Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. held its 123rd Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders today at the company’s global headquarters here. The meeting was attended by 254 shareholders and ran for 1 hour and 51 minutes.
At the meeting, shareholders approved the company’s proposal to distribute surplus, amend the company’s Articles of Incorporation and elect twelve directors due to the expiration of terms of all directors.
Shareholders did not approve a shareholder proposal to amend the company’s Articles of Incorporation, deeming the other affiliated company as the parent company and complying with the Companies Act.
16 shareholders spoke, with the main topics listed below:
- Appropriateness of base remuneration for executive officers
- Plans for e-POWER sedans in the Japanese market
- Measures to improve the stock price
- Appropriateness of remuneration for retired executive officers
- Response of the Customer Service Center and a dealer
- The Alliance’s EV product plans
- Lawsuit against former representative directors
- Response to sharp exchange rate fluctuations
- Use of sports to enhance corporate value
- Development and production plan for all solid-state batteries
- Approach to dividend payout ratio
- Product plan for light commercial vehicles
- Appropriateness of dividend amount, outside directors’ shareholding
- Measures to increase the value of EVs
- Involvement in Marelli restructuring and impact on parts procurement