On Thursday 29 October 2015, the Tokyo (Japan) Motor Show is opening its doors to the public. The DS will be there to present its latest creations including the New DS 4, DS 4 Crossback, New DS 5 ‘1955’ limited edition as well as the ‘So Parisienne’ version for DS 3 and DS 3 Cabrio, an exclusively Japanese series which echoes the origins of the Brand.
The press day will be held on Wednesday 28 October and the DS conference will take place at 10:15 (local time) on the Brand booth (Tokyo Big Sight – West Hall). Yves Bonnefont, its CEO, will speak.
From Thursday 29 October to Sunday 8 November 2015, the 44th Tokyo Motor Show will take place in the Tokyo Big Sight – the Japanese capital’s conference centre -. On this occasion, for the first time in this country, visitors may discover the DS and its world – imbibed with elegance and refinement – through its showcase in the West Hall.
“For DS AUTOMOBILES, the Tokyo Motor Show is a high point of 2015 in two respects: on one hand it’s the first time that DS is taking part as a Brand, and on the other, the Brand has real ambition to respond to a Japanese audience who are sensitive to French luxury.”, declares Yves Bonnefont, CEO of the DS brand.
To illustrate the Brand’s avant-garde spirit, its premium positioning or even its Parisian roots, for the first time in Japan, DS AUTOMOBILES will present five of its latest creations:
– THE NEW DS 4, refined and unique due to its customised features, styling and performance
The New DS 4 offers a unique structure, sculpted and elegant flowing lines, with chrome signatures on the bodywork (front and back grille and shield, side moldings, window contour…) With a new more assertive attitude, reinforced by wider wheels at the four corners, and with a remarkable style (diamond-cut), this New DS 4 has all the features of a premium saloon and promises sensations and driving pleasure.
The New DS 4 also offers a choice of four roof and spoiler colours (perla nera black, whisper, virtual blue and tourmaline orange) and the possibility of combining with the corresponding decorative features: wing mirrors and hub caps, the New DS 4 is creating its own vision of two-tone. There are no fewer than 38 possible combinations, between the body roof colours and the bodywork shades. This offering, which is unique in the premium compact segment, lets customers create their own car and adapt it to their personality and style.
– DS 4 CROSSBACK, a chic adventurer, versatile and expressive
Versatile in concept and design, the DS 4 Crossback is aimed at customers looking for the promise of an ‘urban and extra-urban adventure’. This car asserts its chic ‘adventurer’ spirit with strong stylistic features: ground clearance raised by 30 mm, large black wheels, wheel arch embellishers, black front face and spoiler, special grey roof bars, high visibility with its panoramic windscreen (45°), black wing mirrors, special door sills and floor mats. With its shimmering and expressive colours (tourmaline orange), the DS 4 Crossback is an alternative to the classic saloons in its segment.
The New DS 4 and DS 4 Crossback perfectly represent DS automobiles:
- a strong identity emphasised by the front face sporting the DS Wings grill (straight from concept car Number 9).
- state-of-the-art technology with the New DS LED VISION headlamps.
- high performance engine specifications with the THP 165 S&S EAT6 which will equip these models at their launch on the Japanese market during the first quarter of 2016. With the new, latest generation EAT6 automatic gearbox, the new DS 4 THP 165 S&S boast great performance: combined consumption of 5.5 l/100 km, CO2 emissions below 130 g/km, a torque of 240 Nm. With maximum injection pressure of 200 bars and Stop&Start technology (with a reinforced starter), this engine has maximum output of 121 kW (165 bhp EEC) at 6,000 rpm. Maximum torque of 240 Nm is available from 1,400 rpm and remains constant to 4,000 rpm, for remarkable driveability at both low and high revs.
- and finally, refinement with the dashboard and door panels sheathed in nappa leather, and the ” watchstrap ” seat upholstery in semi-aniline leather, which are also exclusive to the DS Brand.
– NEW DS 5 ‘1955’ limited edition.
The New DS 5 was the first model launched by the Brand and the first to represent its identity through features which characterise a DS: its avant-garde design, its dynamic hyper-comfort, its refinement and high-tech technologies. The New DS 5 is the Brand’s ‘flagship’. It will be launched in Japan in a few weeks. Introduced for the first time in this country at the Tokyo Motor Show, the New DS 5 exhibited is an example of the ‘1955’ limited edition. An exclusive series created to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the historical DS – the legendary car revealed on 6 October 1955 at the Paris Motor Show -. The bodywork of this New DS 5 is dressed in Ink Blue with full grain leather seats, alloy wheel rims with matte gold wheel centres, a matte gold DS logo on the hood, wing-mirror housings engraved with DS by laser and different custom elements stamped “60 years 1955”. The model exhibited will be equipped with the THP 165 S&S engine and the EAT6 automatic gearbox.
– DS 3 and DS 3 CABRIO ‘So Parisienne’
As a wink to the origins of the Brand, for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show, DS AUTOMOBILES will introduce the DS 3 and DS 3 Cabrio ‘So Parisienne’ limited edition. Created specially for Japan, 300 cars will be produced in this series. These models stand out by their Pearl White bodywork colours and black roof or even by their 17″ black diamond-cut Aphrodite alloy wheels. They also sport the Brand’s signature lights, christened DS LED VISION, with headlamps combining LED and Xenon technologies and new scrolling indicators. For greater safety, the DS 3 and DS 3 Cabrio ‘So Parisienne’ are equipped with Active City Brake, an automatic braking system which avoids low speed collisions. These models are stamped ‘So Parisienne’ and offer PureTech 110 S&S engine specifications with the latest generation 6-shift EAT6 automatic gearbox.
This Tokyo Motor Show 2015 officially marks the launch of DS AUTOMOBILES in Japan.