- Mercedes-Benz is developing its global sales network on a continuous basis in order to meet individual customer needs at the brand’s usual high level in the digital age as well. Customers want to be in touch with their favourite brands at anytime and anywhere.
- Mercedes-Benz offers present and future customers an even more emotional, convenient and seamless service and product experience on all channels in new and innovative ways – true to the motto “The best or nothing”.
- The company already laid the cornerstone for the further development of sales in line with current customer needs back in 2013 with “Best Customer Experience” and since then has invested an annual sum in the three-digit millions in order to access to Mercedes-Benz products and services even easier for new and existing customers.
- Since then, key milestones in this context have included the launch of the comprehensive Mercedes me service brand in 2014, the further optimization of Mercedes-Benz’s online presence for our customers, and the further development of the physical retail offering, including a new brand architecture.
- With “Best Customer Experience 4.0” the brand is now taking the next major step. Mercedes-Benz is conveniently available on numerous channels along the Customer Journey – online and offline. Customers can choose flexibly between channels and need only a single profile for this – the Mercedes me ID.
- Getting a Mercedes me ID does not necessarily require being the owner of a vehicle from Mercedes-Benz. Customers with vehicles of other brands and those who do not own a car can also use it easily – for example, for car sharing services.
- Mercedes-Benz is further expanding its Mercedes me offering and will be introducing a completely new app in the next quarter. The new generation of the Mercedes me App will then gradually bundle the entire spectrum of mobility and connectivity services.
- The Mercedes me activation rate for new Mercedes-Benz vehicles is over 90 percent, which currently are more than three million active Mercedes me users.
- Since the launch of Mercedes me in 2014, Mercedes-Benz has developed more than 80 mobility-related digital services – many more useful services are being added for users on a continuous basis.
- The company expects that 25 percent of worldwide vehicle purchases from Mercedes-Benz Cars will be made online by the year 2025.
- Physical retail with our 6500 partners worldwide is also undergoing a transformation with new formats, locations and concepts as the result of “Best Customer Experience 4.0”.
- The point of sale is becoming the point of experience. All information relating to the vehicle and services is becoming more tangible for the customer thanks to the new interactive presentation forms. Access to the product at the point of sale is becoming more intensive for the customer through technology, but at the same time simpler and more transparent.
- Since the beginning of 2018, around 450 retail outlets worldwide have been scheduled to be equipped with the new brand presentation or have been already.
- Mercedes-Benz is also adding new roles to its sales team and focuses it consistently on the customer. For example, Star Assistant as the central point of contact welcomes every customer and visitor and the product expert explains the special features and technologies of the models.
- With “Best Customer Experience 4.0”, Mercedes-Benz will also be offering attractive services that boost confidence in electromobility and offer customers maximum convenience. This involves covering the special requirements of EQ customers, which at least in part differ from those of conventional powertrain technologies. Depending on the respective market, Mercedes-Benz offers an all-round carefree driving experience with tailor-made service packages, warranty services and convenience services such as pick-up and drop-off service.
Quotes by Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Sales & Marketing:
“We want to offer our customers seamless luxury experiences and lasting memories – regardless of the time, place or channel they are using. Buying a Mercedes-Benz should become as easy as ordering a book for our customers. We expect that by 2025, 25 percent of our worldwide sales will take place online.”
“Our cars are made by people for people. The personal contact continues to play an important role. More than 80 percent of customers would still like to get personal advice and take test drives. Physical sales will continue to be indispensable for us.”
“The digitisation is changing the way we live and do business. Customers around the world expect to be able to interact with their brands online at anytime and anywhere.”
“With “Best Customer Experience 4.0″, we are taking the next step in designing the future of our sales organization. We want to make it as easy as possible for our customers along the Customer Journey – seamlessly online and offline. For example, with the Mercedes me ID, which enables personalized access to the entire Mercedes-Benz service world.”
“The digitisation gives us the opportunity to strengthen our relationship with our customers and to be available to them around the clock. With “Best Customer Experience 4.0″, we offer our customers a seamless and convenient luxury experience whenever they want to enter into contact with Mercedes-Benz”.
SOURCE: Daimler AG