Muscle car season is in full swing and Dodge is continuing the 50th anniversary celebration of the Dodge Challenger with a new 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition and a new colour option.
Customers can join the 50th anniversary celebration with the 2020 Dodge Challenger Commemorative Edition, which is available on the 2020 model-year Challenger R/T, Scat Pack 392 and Scat Pack 392 Widebody models.
The Celebration Continues With Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
With its heritage design, unmatched power and everyday livability, the Challenger is a true GT car and every bit as beloved and relevant to today’s consumer as the first generation was 50 years ago. The 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition features select limited-edition 50th anniversary touches, including:
- Satin Black hand-painted hood and black-wrapped roof and decklid
- Model-specific fender badges and “Challenger 50th Anniversary” grille and spoiler badges in “Gold School” finish
- Illuminated Air Catcher headlamps with LED-illuminated “50” logos
- Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering
- Satin Back “DODGE” taillamp badge
- Instrument panel (IP) badge with “Challenger50” logo
- “Gold School” wheels are also featured on the Commemorative Edition:
- 20-inch by 9-inch on Challenger R/T models
- 20-inch by 9.5-inch on Challenger Scat Pack 392 models; optional on R/T models with Performance Plus Group
- 20-inch by 11-inch on the Challenger Scat Pack 392 Widebody model
The Commemorative Edition features Gunmetal brake colour when fitted with Brembo brakes, available on R/T, standard on Scat Pack 392 and Scat Pack 392 Widebody.
Featuring a throwback-inspired interior with 50th anniversary details, the Commemorative Edition invokes a sense of nostalgia in the modern, athletic cockpit of the Challenger. Inside, the Commemorative Edition features:
- Heated and ventilated Nappa leather-faced and Alcantara suede performance seats with sepia accent stitching and embroidered “50” logo seat backs
- Alcantara door bolsters with sepia accent stitching
- Real carbon fibre IP and console bezels with a copper weave
- Sepia accent stitch on the IP, door panels and armrest, center console lid, seat faces and the leather, flat-bottom steering wheel
- White-faced gauges with yellow accents
- Startup animation Electronic Vehicle Information Center screen showcasing 1970 Challenger
- Premium berber floor mats with an embroidered “50” logo
The Challenger 50th Anniversary Limited Edition is available in Go Mango for Canada, while the Commemorative Edition is available in Smoke Show (new), Granite, Indigo Blue, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Triple Nickel and White Knuckle.
Dodge Muscle Car Colour Palette Heats Up This Summer
Smoke Show joins the Dodge colour lineup for Dodge Challenger and Charger models, joining Hellraisin, Sinamon Stick and Frostbite. All of these new production colours were first shown as concept colours two years ago at the FCA Design Colour Clinic at the 13th annual Spring Festival of the LXs, voted as the top colours by enthusiasts and made it into production.
Dealers can begin ordering Smoke Show on 2020 Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger models this month. Hellraisin, Frostbite and Sinamon Stick are currently available for dealer orders.
2020 Dodge Challenger
Dodge delivers the industry’s most powerful and capable muscle car lineup with the 2020 Dodge Challenger. From the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car — the “Demon-possessed” 797-horsepower SRT Hellcat Redeye — to 303-horsepower V-6 efficiency and class-exclusive all-wheel-drive (AWD) capability, Challenger is unrivaled when it comes to sheer horsepower, all-weather capability and overall interior roominess. Dodge Challenger is a true GT car. Its heritage design, unmatched power and everyday livability combine to make this authentic but modern Dodge muscle car every bit as beloved and relevant to today’s consumer as the first generation was 50 years ago.
Eight distinct models make up the vehicle lineup for 2020: SXT, SXT AWD, GT, GT AWD, R/T, Scat Pack 392, SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye. Numerous packages offer all the upgrades, unique heritage cues and performance features that Dodge//SRT customers crave.
The 2020 Dodge Challenger offers a full range of engine options, including the award-winning 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 on SXT, SXT AWD, GT and GT AWD models, the legendary 5.7-litre HEMI® V-8 on R/T models, the naturally aspirated 392 HEMI V-8 on Scat Pack 392 models, the supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI V-8 on SRT Hellcat and a supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI high-output V-8 on SRT Hellcat Redeye.
For more than 100 years, the Dodge brand has carried on the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge. Their influence continues today as Dodge proudly offers a complete lineup of performance vehicles that stand out in their own segments. For 2020, Dodge literally expands its high-performance Charger model lineup, adding a Widebody exterior to North America’s only four-door muscle car. The 2020 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat maintains its reign as the most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan in the world.