Automotive World’s report on future vehicle manufacturing includes exclusive interviews with suppliers and OEMs, and strategic analysis by leading management consultants
Connectivity, data analytics, automation and artificial intelligence are effecting change throughout the automotive industry, and not just on the road.
Manufacturing is evolving, with factories becoming smarter and more efficient. Big Data and Industry 4.0 might be buzzwords, but they also help OEMs and suppliers to shape their manufacturing and supply chains. There’s no clear definition of Industry 4.0, but the pace of change is such that production managers still need to ensure their facilities are 4.0-ready.
In this report:
- Automotive industry is digital champion of the world
- The ascent of Big Data in vehicle manufacturing
- PSA wants smaller, smarter manufacturing
- Daimler gets smart at Brazil truck factory
- End of the line? Audi readies itself for modular assembly
- Digital siblings will be essential for highly customised lines
- Three focal points for future manufacturing, says robotics supplier
- Industry 4.0 to leverage automation, AI and data
- Suppliers prepare as Industry 4.0 connects every part of the car
- 5G is within reach – but is it too good for manufacturing?
‘Special report: Vehicle manufacturing & Industry 4.0’ features strategic analysis by KPMG’s Alec McCullie, Associate Director and UK Lead for Industry 4.0, and James Bishop, Assistant Manager for Industry 4.0 and Operational Transformation, and exclusive interviews with:
- Michael Breme, Head of Production and Plant Planning, Audi
- Yann Vincent, Executive Vice President, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, PSA Group
- Carlos Santiago, Chief Operating Officer, Mercedes-Benz do Brasil
- Massimo Ippolito, Innovation Manager, Comau
- Guatam Dutta, Senior Director, Marketing, Siemens Industry Software Solutions
- Stefan Hartung, Board Member – Manufacturing, Robert Bosch
- Maxence Tilliette, Managing Director, Accenture
- Stefan Schrauf, Partner, PwC Strategy& and EMEA Lead, Digital Operations Competence Center
- Heiko Weber, Partner, PwC Strategy& Germany and head of Automotive Advisory for Germany, Austria and Switzerland