This Automotive World forecast looks at the performance of the light vehicle (LV) and medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M/HCV) sectors in the NAFTA region (Canada, Mexico and USA) over the next five years, to the end of 2018.
Following a fourth successive year of growth in the LV market in 2013, the forecast anticipates demand to continue in 2014, taking the market to just under 19 million units. The 19 million units mark will be breached by 2016.
In the medium and heavy commercial vehicles (M/HCV) sector, demand is expected to grow by up to 9% in 2014 taking the market above 500,000 units for the first time since 2007. Beyond 2014, further growth is forecast, through to a cyclical peak of 550,000 units in the middle of the forecast period.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Recent light vehicle (LV) demand
- Chapter 2: Market characteristics
- Ownership levels
- Chapter 3: Market shares
- Chapter 4: Economic outlook
- Chapter 5: Outlook for LV demand
- Chapter 6: NAFTA’s Class 4-8 market
- Chapter 7: Outlook for Class 4-8 demand
- Appendix 1: Definitions
- Appendix 2: Forecasting passenger cars – methodology
- Appendix 3: Data
- Sales by brand, 2009-2018 (‘000s) Excel
- Market share by brand, 2009-2018 (%) Excel