The Volvo Group continued to strengthen its profitability in the third quarter of 2015. Operating income excluding restructuring charges amounted to SEK 5.1 billion. This is an improvement of 75% compared with the corresponding quarter in 2014 and the operating margin improved by 2.6 percentage points to 6.9%. Sales amounted to SEK 73.3 billion, which was an increase of 9%. Adjusted for currency movements, sales increased by 1%.
- In the third quarter net sales increased by 9% to SEK 73.3 billion (67.2). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales increased by 1%.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 5,087 M (2,908) excluding restructuring charges of SEK 434 M (659). Currency exchange rates had a positive impact of SEK 831 M.
- The operating margin excluding restructuring charges amounted to 6.9% (4.3).
- Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK –3.3 billion (0.9).
- Truck order intake decreased by 15% and order intake of construction equipment decreased by 34%.
For a PDF version of the report, please click here: Volvo Group Q3 2015 PDF