|April 2017||Jan-Apr 2017|
|Units||2017 vs 2016||Units||’17 vs ’16|
|-0.3%||First y/y decrease in 2 months||
|+31.6%||11th consecutive month of y/y increase||
|Global Production Total||
|+8.8%||9th consecutive month of y/y increase||
|Passenger Vehicles||9,495||+20.4%||4th consecutive month of y/y increase||53,931||+19.6%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,226||-1.1%||First y/y decrease in 2 months||12,835||+2.4%|
|Japan Sales Total||11,721||+15.6%||7th consecutive month of y/y increase||66,766||+15.8%|
Export Total *3
|-13.2%||3rd consecutive month of y/y decrease||
- Domestic production decreased year-on-year, as production of the Impreza for North America was moved from Japan to the U.S.
- Overseas production significantly increased year-on-year, due to increased production capacity as well as the all-new Impreza’s start of production in November 2016
Sales in Japan
- Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year, led by continued strong demand for the all-new Impreza launched in October 2016.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a decline in the Stella and Pleo sales.
- Exports from Japan decreased year-on-year, as production of the Impreza for North America was moved from Japan to the U.S.
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
*Automotive World is not responsible for the content of this news release.