Maintaining our stance.
Leading the way.
To all our shareholders,
Here in the Olympic Hall and those watching online, a very warm welcome!
I would also like to welcome our associates and all our other guests.
This is our 99th Annual General Meeting – an impressive number!
We have had our ups and downs, but we have always held our own.
- We have constantly reinvented ourselves.
- We have revolutionised our industry and
- We have made our customers mobile through our innovations.
Recently, there has been some public debate regarding the question of ownership of BMW. There is only one thing I have to say about that:
I am very happy that you are all here today: You are the shareholders of the BMW Group. I think we can all agree that your company is a clear example of the social market economy at work. We chart our own course – also in the face of headwinds and in times of uncertainty. You can rely on this!
Last year’s sales figures speak for themselves:
- Every 13 seconds we sold a BMW, MINI or Rolls-Royce somewhere in the world: 2.5 million vehicles in total.
- A BMW motorcycle was sold every three minutes – adding up to a total of 165,000 units.
- An electrified vehicle was delivered to customers every four minutes – 142,000 in total.
- Every minute, 19 people in Europe used our car-sharing service.
Our DriveNow cars drove more than 100 million kilometres: a third of those all-electric.
Click here to see full release: