Automotive World has published a new report which looks at the evolution of autonomous and self-driving cars.
Automotive World’s latest special report, ‘The path to the autonomous car’ explores the challenges and opportunities facing the traditional automotive industry and the new stakeholders involved in the development of autonomous and self-driving cars.
As the challenges of vehicle automation become more apparent, automakers are beginning to speak more realistically about autonomous cars, with some executives also starting to acknowledge that full automation in all conditions may never be possible. As a result, some of the early expectations are being scaled back in favour of more achievable targets. Nonetheless, there is a growing sense that increasing levels of automation are inevitable.
This Automotive World report includes exclusive insight from the global automotive industry, with automakers, suppliers and industry analysts providing their views and opinions on the development of autonomous cars and the technology required to make AVs a reality.
‘Special report: The path to the autonomous car’ https://www.automotiveworld.com/research/special-report-the-path-to-the-autonomous-car/is available to download now from the research section of AutomotiveWorld.com.
In this report:
- Executive summary
- The view from Munich: Level 3 by 2021, says BMW
- Autonomy will transform cars into mobile offices and lounges
- The eyes and ears of the AV — suppliers essential for AV development
- LiDAR emerges as the star of the AV sensor line-up
- Driverless technology to rewrite licensing rules
- How will occupants interact with increasingly automated vehicles?
- Crystal clear voice controls could play critical role in the AV
- 5G could be the key to a more human AV experience
- Common standards crucial for AV development
- Will AVs cause or alleviate congestion? Here’s one way to find out…
‘Special report: The path to the autonomous car’ provides insight from a range of leading automotive industry stakeholders and experts, including:
- Arthur D. Little
- Bird & Bird
- Innovate UK
- McKinsey & Company
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI)
Automotive World subscribers can access the report by following this link: https://www.automotiveworld.com/research/special-report-the-path-to-the-autonomous-car/
For more information about Automotive World subscriptions, please head to: http://www.automotiveworld.com/subscribe/