Just as the car is integral to mobility, so mobility is integral to any smart city. The closer we get to peak congestion, air quality concern and inner-city vehicle restrictions, the more the future of personal and shared mobility relies on close collaboration between OEMs, suppliers, planners and service providers.
This exclusive Automotive World report presents insight from across the spectrum of interested parties, and outlines the role of the car in the city of the future.
‘Special report: Smart cities and the auto industry’ (https://www.automotiveworld.com/research/special-report-smart-cities-auto-industry/) is available to download now from the research section of AutomotiveWorld.com.
In this report:
- Transforming urban mobility: Key transportation trends in smart cities
- Infiniti on how start-up collaboration feeds mobility service development
- Electric buses open new avenues for smart cities
- Data – the foundation of the smart city
- Smart cities to leverage connected car ‘data probes’
- Barcelona a ‘blessing’ for smart city projects, says SEAT
- Ride-sharing vital for the access-oriented smart city
- ‘Get smart, or become a relic’, supplier warns cities
- Smart cities need smart grids
- ‘Tesla tunnels’ – high-reward operation, or a Band-Aid on city traffic?
‘Special report: Smart cities and the auto industry’ includes an industry overview written by Lisa Jerram and Ryan Citron of Navigant Research, and exclusive interviews with:
- Dane Fisher, General Manager of Global Business Transformation and Brand at Infiniti
- Lars Stenqvist, Chief Technical Officer of Volvo Group and Ulf Magnusson, Senior Vice President, Europe at Volvo Buses
- Bernd Fastenrath, New Product Introduction – Cities at HERE
- Nick Cohn, Senior Traffic Expert at TomTom
- Fabian Simmer, Chief Digital Officer at SEAT
- Matt Jones, Chief Product Officer of moovel North America
- Peter Esser, Head of Governmental Affairs at NXP
- Eman Martin-Vignerte, Head of Political Affairs and Government Relations, Bosch UK
Automotive World subscribers can access the report by following this link: https://www.automotiveworld.com/research/special-report-smart-cities-auto-industry/
For more information about Automotive World subscriptions, please head to: https://www.automotiveworld.com/subscribe/