Automotive World has published a new report, ‘Special report: Africa’s automotive industry’ When it comes to Africa’s automotive industry, Morocco and South Africa get all the headlines, but other countries are now attracting the attention of OEMs and suppliers keen to invest in this hugely promising market. Already of interest due to the low levels of vehicle ownership and growing middle class, Africa now has the added attraction of the new continent-wide African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) agreement, which will drop internal tariffs and boost trade.
The exclusive Automotive World report features insight from OEMs, suppliers and other stakeholders assembling and selling vehicles in Africa.
‘Special report: Africa’s automotive industry’(https://www.automotiveworld.com/research/special-report-africas-automotive-industry/) is available to download now from the research section of AutomotiveWorld.com.
In this report:
- Africa’s automotive aspirations are built on local assembly
- Africa’s struggling auto market set for modest recovery in 2018
- Egypt’s appeal strengthens as growth makes a steady return
- Local assembly leaves Scania well positioned for African urbanisation
- ‘Not if, but when’ – Volvo Trucks bullish on African growth potential
- Deeper localisation on the cards for South Africa’s supply base
- Political and economic stability – it’s what investors in Africa want, says supplier
- Morocco opens up to investment, reaps rewards
- South Africa urged to adopt new emissions standards
- Key trends in Africa’s automotive market
‘Special report: Africa’s automotive industry’ features a market overview by Indraneel Bardhan, Director, EOS Intelligence, and exclusive interviews with:
- Karim Tinawi, Director of Portfolio Planning, General Motors Egypt and North Africa
- Johan Gembäck, Area Manager – Sales Trucks Africa and Asia-Pacific, Scania
- Helene Mellquist, Senior Vice President, Volvo Trucks International
- Javier Pujol, Chief Executive, Ficosa
- Renai Moothilal, Executive Director, NAACAM
- Francisco Posada, Senior Researcher, International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
- Fabrice Gatwabuyege, Research Analyst – Autos, BMI Research
Automotive World subscribers can access the report by following this link: https://www.automotiveworld.com/research/special-report-africas-automotive-industry/
For more information about Automotive World subscriptions, please head to: http://www.automotiveworld.com/subscribe/