Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) today unveiled its EMIRAI S concept car equipped with cutting-edge technologies, such as an innovative human-machine interface and biological-sensing technologies, which are expected to contribute to safe and secure transportation as well as enhanced passenger communication in the upcoming mobility-as-a-service (MaaS) society. The EMIRAI S will be exhibited during 46th Tokyo Motor Show 2019 at the Tokyo Big Sight exhibition complex from October 24 to November 4.
1) Biometrics technology realizing safe and secure transportation
- DMS1 featuring contactless heart-rate sensing technology incorporating near-infrared camera. Face-tracking technology2 continuously tracks driver’s face movements. Body surface temperature is measured with a sensor.
- Analysis of heart rate and body temperature enables system to diagnose driver conditions such as fatigue, drowsiness, sudden sickness, etc.
1Driver Monitoring System
2Face-tracking technology determines eyes, nose and mouth positions using camera images
2) Innovative human-machine interface facilitates communication both inside and outside vehicle
- Speech-separation technology distinguishes voice commands from other verbal conversation in the vehicle, recognizing who utters voice commands and when based on camera images and audio signals3.
- Wide crossed-image display combines floating 3D images and holographic visual effects while a ring-shaped knob on a display simplifies operations using various via GUIs. Both help realize intuitive operations for enhanced user experiences.
3Smart, natural HMI technology for smart mobility
https://www.MitsubishiElectric.com/news/2019/0122-c.html (January 22, 2019)
SOURCE: Mitsubishi Electric