Joel Hoffmann, Automotive Strategist, Intel Corporation, has been confirmed as a speaker in the Big Picture session of Automotive Megatrends USA ’14, which takes place in Michigan on 18 March 2014.
Joel Hoffmann is the Industry Partner Strategist for Intel’s expanding Automotive Solutions Division. In this capacity, he leads the strategic focus for next generation automotive use cases, providing direction for silicon development that applies to cars several years out. He is also responsible for driving the infotainment group toward a common vision, which includes spearheading Intel’s founding charter relationship with GENIVI, a key part of that future environment. Within GENIVI, Hoffmann has been involved since inception, developed the original name and branding concepts, and provides a gateway to the $40B of diverse interests being driven by Intel to advance innovation.
Since joining Intel Corporation in 2000, Hoffmann has been instrumental in establishing an early incubation of connected vehicles for DaimlerChrysler, now Chrysler, by promoting standards-based software and open hardware alignment. This activity continues with his leadership of Intel’s Connected Car vision.
With a background of sales, marketing and technical experience in automotive, telecommunications and consumer electronics, Hoffmann applies this diverse skill set to lead the GENIVI Marketing group, resulting in rapid growth of the alliance since launch.
Organised by Automotive World, Megatrends USA ’14 is a one-day, three-stream conference focusing on Fuel Economy & Emissions Reduction, eMobility and Connected Car technology
Other speakers confirmed to date include:
- John Waraniak, Vice President of Vehicle Technology, Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
- Mike Tinskey, Director of Global Vehicle Electrification and Infrastructure, Ford Motor Company
- John Traynor, Senior Vice President – Products, Bsquare
- Andy Gryc, Senior Automotive Product Marketing Manager, QNX Software Systems
- Richard Wallace (Moderator), Director, Transportation Systems Analysis, Centre for Automotive Research
- Matt Jones, VP, Genivi and Senior Technical Specialist, Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
To register for this event, please go to http://megatrendsusa.automotiveworld.com/register/
For further details on this event, please contact the event manager, Laura Knight: email@example.com / +44 (0) 292 070 9318