The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) has launched a worldwide search for the best engineering innovations via its awards programme – the IET Innovation Awards.
The Innovation Awards recognise excellence across 15 categories, which span the breadth of science, engineering and technology. The free-to-enter, international annual awards are open to members and non-members of the IET and celebrate innovative engineering excellence.
Entries to the Vehicle Technologies Innovation Award category will be considered for innovation in any aspect of technology innovation across: engine control; infotainment; the connected car; vehicle fuelling; vehicle design and fuel and energy efficiency technologies.
The Innovation Awards, now in their ninth year, are renowned for raising the profile of their winners and bringing them to a wider audience. Many former Innovation Awards winners report increased interest in their products as a result of winning the accolade.
Nigel Fine, Chief Executive of the IET said, “These awards recognise the most outstanding innovations across science, engineering and technology celebrating the contribution made by engineers and technicians to enhance people’s lives everywhere.
“The IET is passionate about promoting engineering excellence and the Innovation Awards are a great opportunity to showcase some of the very best work taking place around the world.”
Each category of the Innovation Awards is independently judged by a panel of experts in that field, with the shortlist announced each October. Winners will be revealed at a celebrity-hosted glittering Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner in London at The Brewery on 20 November.
There are still some sponsorship opportunities available. Sponsorship of the Innovation Awards provides profile opportunities within the global engineering, science and technology community. Contact Mandy Mercer email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> for details.
To find out more about the Innovation Awards, sponsorship opportunities or to submit an entry, please visit www.theiet.org/innovation<http://www.theiet.org/innovation>. The deadline for entries is 26 July.
More about the IET
* The IET is one of the world’s leading professional societies for the engineering and technology community, with more than 150,000 members in 127 countries and offices in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
* The IET provides a global knowledge network to facilitate the exchange of ideas and promote the positive role of science, engineering and technology in the world.
* For more information visit http://www.theiet.org/
More about the IET Inspiring Engineering Excellence Awards Series
* The Innovation Awards recognise the most innovative independent engineers, companies and organisations from across the world. www.theiet.org/innovation<http://www.theiet.org/innovation> Entry deadline 26 July 2013
* The IET Inspiring Engineering Excellence Awards Series includes awards for individual excellence, research and innovation, scholarships, travel awards, prizes and competitions.
* For information on the various awards and prizes offered by the IET please visit www.theiet.org/awards<http://www.theiet.org/awards>
* For general Innovation Award enquiries please contact Zoe Squires, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>