Accelerates Deployment of Safe, Secure, High Performance Automotive Electronic Advancements for Software-Defined Cockpit
Green Hills Software, the worldwide leader in high assurance operating systems, today announced the availability of Green Hills Software’s safe and secure 64-bit multicore software solutions for the Intel® Atom™ Broxton/Apollo Lake family of automotive processors. Now automotive Tier 1s and OEMs can realize their long-term vision for high performance, safe and secure software-defined cockpit electronics targeting but not limited to digital clusters, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) and ECU consolidation.
“As cockpit automotive electronics continue to grow more visual and integrated, so do the challenges to find a software/hardware platform capable of tackling these requirements with room for future growth,” said Dan Mender, vice president of business development, Green Hills Software. “With the availability of a proven automotive software platform from Green Hills and the high performance multicore, GPU-enabled Broxton automotive SoC from Intel — that future platform is available today.”
Green Hills Support for Intel Broxton/Apollo Lake Processors
Green Hills Software’s portfolio of optimized software solutions delivers a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, extensive on-chip OpenGL 3D graphics support, secure virtualization and advanced multicore debug tools to enable unparalleled innovation in automotive software design. Green Hills also provides its customers with extensive legacy application porting and code optimization services.
- INTEGRITY® 64-bit RTOS— provides device total reliability and absolute security while delivering a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, including single core Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP) and Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP).
- INTEGRITY Native 3D OpenGL — provides integrated, optimized native 3D OpenGL support for the Broxton on-chip Gen9 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
- INTEGRITY 64-bit Multivisor™ Secure Virtualization — delivers a decade of experience in safely and securely virtualizing GuestOSes when combined with system safety and security applications on a single platform. Support is optimized to use the Intel VT-x and VT-d on-chip capabilities found on Broxton.
- INTEGRITY Multivisor Shared Accelerated 3D OpenGL Graphics — enables the safe combination and independent execution of both native INTEGRITY and GuestOS accelerated 3D OpenGL graphics applications/services with proven freedom from interference.
- MULTI® Integrated Development Environment — provides a complete software development environment for building, debugging, testing and optimizing multicore embedded applications.
- Green Hills Optimizing Compilers — generate high quality code for C/C++, targeting the Intel Architecture processors.
- Green Hills Probe — helps developers find and fix bugs faster than any other probes with its comprehensive run-control and multicore processor visibility interfaces optimized to support synchronous hardware and software multicore breakpoints.
- Professional Services — Green Hills Software’s embedded experts collaborate with end user system designers and architects to tackle the difficult problems of legacy code porting; reuse; virtualization and optimization for QNX, VxWorks, OSE, Linux, Android, in-house and more; along with consulting services for general system performance optimization.
The Green Hills suite of safe and secure multicore solutions for Intel’s family of Broxton Automotive processors is available today.