Goodyear Fuel Max RSA Provides Enhanced Fuel Efficiency, Plus Long Miles to Removal, Toughness and Traction
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has introduced a commercial truck tire that provides excellent fuel economy for regional/long haul driving and enhanced toughness for driving in urban environments, plus long miles to removal and a high level of traction.
“The new Fuel Max RSA has been designed to deliver numerous benefits to help lower the operating costs of regional/long haul fleets that operate mainly on-highway and have some exposure to urban driving,” said Norberto Flores, marketing manager, Goodyear.
“Despite the fact that fuel costs have declined in recent months, fuel efficiency will remain a prominent fleet requirement, which is why we’re extending Goodyear Fuel Max Technology to regional tires,” he noted.
The Fuel Max RSA, which is SmartWay-compliant, features:
- Goodyear Fuel Max Technology, which contains cool-running compounds – plus special tire construction and tread designs – to help lower rolling resistance and improve fuel economy.
- Goodyear IntelliMax Rib Technology, with contoured sipes for ideal tread stiffness when the Fuel Max RSA rolls through its footprint. This helps provide regular wear and high mileage potential, plus enhanced snow and ice grip.
- A tri-layer compound for exceptional mileage, rolling resistance and curb impact resistance.
- A non-evolving tread to help maintain traction through the tire’s lifecycle.
- Super-tensile steel belts to add stability and offer enhanced toughness.
- Goodyear steel casing construction for optimal retreadability.
- A computer-optimized tread design and footprint for more miles to removal.
“The Fuel Max RSA also offers outstanding snow traction thanks to its innovative tread design and boasts a 20/32-inch tread depth for lower cost-per-mile,” he said.
The Fuel Max RSA is available in size 11R22.5, Load Range G. Additional sizes – including 295/75R22.5 and 11R24.5 in Load Ranges G and H, and 11R22.5 in Load Range H – will be introduced in early 2016.
“We are confident that this product will be enthusiastically embraced by fleets that are looking for an excellent all-around tire to help enhance their operational efficiency and lower their costs,” said Flores.