Franz Dorfer, General Manager, Engineering Centre Steyr, Magna Powertrain has been confirmed for the Euro VI and Beyond session at Automotive World’s CV Megatrends 2013, taking place on 12 November 2013.
Franz studied at the Technical College for Mechanical and Industrial Engineering in Jenbach, Austria and graduated with honours in 1990.
He also has an engineering degree in industrial and traffic engineering at the University of Technology in Graz, Austria and graduated with honours in 1997.
Between 1995 and 1997, Dorfer worked as a designer for two-wheel engines at the Institute for Internal Combustion Engines and Thermodynamics at the Technical University in Graz, Austria.
He then moved on to become the engineer for engine management systems, fuel injection systems and exhaust after-treatment for AVL List GmbH in Graz. He was promoted to the role of Development Project Manager of emission and application for DI Diesel and DI Gasoline Engines.
In 2001, Dorfer moved into the former Magna Steyr Powertrain (MSP) as Development Manager for chassis modules and chassis components. Here he was responsible for suspension components projects of MAGNA Steyr Powertrain and the E-Class 4matic suspension components and module manufacturing.
After three years, he began work in the product division of MAGNA Drivetrain. This role saw him responsible for the acquisition of axle projects.
In 2007 he was promoted to Program Director of the high-volume transfer case program X2T GMT900 family of General Motors, Program Management in Detroit and later in Syracuse, US.
In March 2007, Dorfer returned to Austria as the General Manager of the Engineering Center Steyr GmbH & Co KG.
Organised by Automotive World, the CV Megatrends Europe ‘13 is a two-stream conference. Franz Dorfer will be speaking in the Euro VI and Beyond session of Stream 1: Fuel Efficiency & Emissions Reduction.
Other confirmed speakers in the stream include:
- Dr Ajit Kumar Jindal, Head Engineering Commercial Vehicles, Tata Motors
- Dr. Manfred Schuckert, Head of Global Regulatory Strategy – Commercial Vehicles, Daimler
- Mark Sealy, Engineering Director – Commercial Vehicle Sector, Norgren
- Anders Röj, Coordinator Fuels, Volvo Group Trucks Technology
- Nils Richardt, Project Leader Automotive Transmission Fluids, Shell
- James Hookham, Managing Director – Policy and Communications, Freight Transport Association
- Artur Koba, Regional Product Strategy Manager EMEA Truck, Eaton
- Ben Kraaijenhagen, Product Management Environment and Trends, MAN Truck & Bus
- Barbara Bonvissuto, Deputy Head of Unit – Sustainable Mobility and Automotive Unit, DG Enterprise & Industry, European Commission
- Denis Naberezhnykh, Senior ITS Consultant, Sustainable Mobility Group, Transport Research Laboratory (TRL)
- Toby Peters, Founder & CEO, Dearman Engine
To register for this event, please go to http://cvmeurope2013.automotiveworld.com/registration
For further details, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 292 070 9302.