The SAE Foundation announced today that it will honor Sergio Marchionne with its Industry Leadership Award at a celebration event on May 19, 2015, at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, Michigan.
The SAE Foundation Annual Celebration pays tribute to the career accomplishments and philanthropic spirit of the men and women who help create ‘Aha!’ moments for students in communities across the country.
For three decades, SAE has set the standard for STEM education by the design of its curriculum-based science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education programs. This model, which uniquely combines project-based learning with real-world experience, is proven and heralded among teachers and volunteers alike for being the most effective programs to encourage students to pursue careers in STEM fields.
Marchionne is chief executive officer of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA); and Chairman of CNH Industrial N.V. He will join a list of other industry leaders who have been honored with the prestigious award, including Simon Nagata of Toyota and GM CEO Mary Barra.
Past Industry Leadership Award recipients include:
- 2014 Osamu “Simon” Nagata, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing NA
- 2013 Mary T. Barra, General Motors
- 2012 Edsel B. Ford, II, Ford Motor Company
- 2011 John Krafcik, Hyundai Motor America
- 2011 Peter Marks, Robert Bosch LLC
- 2010 Rodney O’Neal, Delphi
- 2009 Jim Press, Chrysler LLC
- 2008 Alan Mulally, Ford Motor Company
- 2007 Carlos Ghosn, Nissan Motors Corporation
- 2005 Dr. Shoichiro Toyoda, Toyota Motor Corporation
- 2004 J.T. Battenberg, III, Delphi Corporation
- 2003 Gary L. Cowger, General Motors Corporation
- 2002 Heinz C. Prechter, ASC Incorporated
- 2001 Shamel T. Rushwin, Ford Motor Company
- 2000 Donald E. Hackworth, General Motors Corporation
- 1999 James J. Padilla, Ford Motor Company
- 1998 Dennis K. Pawley, Chrysler Corporation
- 1997 G. Richard Wagoner, Jr., General Motors Corporation
The evening includes an interactive reception where guests network with top industry executives and local K-16 students who participate in SAE’s A World In Motion®, F1 in Schools™ and Collegiate Design Series™ programs.
The May 2015 event is expected to sell out quickly. To become a sponsor or supporter, contact the SAE Foundation at (724) 772-8508 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds from the annual fundraiser benefit the SAE Foundation.