- Four custom television commercials launch across the country beginning Sunday, November 1, 2015, featuring Chrysler, Dodge and Ram brands
- Multimedia campaign spans across television, radio, digital and social
- Campaign champions release of the highly anticipated Lionsgate film “THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 2,” the final installment of “The Hunger Games”
- FCA is one of the presenting sponsors of “Mockingjay – Part 2” red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on Monday, November 16
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA US LLC) and Lionsgate are joining together in a co-branded partnership, marking the premiere of the highly anticipated release of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2,” the final installment of “The Hunger Games,” which launches in North America on Friday, November 20. In the series of television and radio spots that will run across the country beginning Sunday, November 1 (during NFL football), FCA will pay tribute to “Mockingjay – Part 2” through four TV commercials featuring the Chrysler, Dodge and Ram brands.
“At FCA, we do not like to go traditional. We challenge the status quo, so we also questioned the well-established tradition of the end-of-the-year Tier 2 commercial. Tier 2 communication nearly plays on the ‘why buys,’ the most rational part of the purchase process. It is almost never relevant and rarely branded,” said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer – FCA Global. “Our collaboration with ‘The Hunger Games’ and Lionsgate is a great example of what can be done that’s unexpected. The association with such an anticipated and popular movie provides an exceptional relevance to our message. And the values shared with our three brands – the ‘rebellious’ Dodge, the ‘hard working’ Ram and the resilience of Chrysler – bring the branding element.”
“We are thrilled to be partnered with FCA and are proud of this impactful and creative campaign,” said Paula Kupfer, SVP of Global Partnerships and Promotions – Lionsgate. “Through Chrysler, Ram and Dodge, we have the unique opportunity to highlight the wealth of the entire ‘The Hunger Games’ franchise through each iconic brand’s individual story.”
The four TV spots, the first from the Chrysler brand premiering this Sunday, November 1, include the following:
- Dodge brand: Two :30 spots, “Whistle” and “Playing with Fire,” point to the rebellious spirit of Katniss and “The Hunger Games,” igniting a flame that drives us.
- Ram brand: One :30 spot, “The Official Truck of Heroes,” in which Ram acknowledges the heroes of “The Hunger Games.”
- Chrysler brand: One :30 spot, “Where You’re Going,” reflects the story of Katniss, a girl who overcomes the odds to become the face of change.
FCA will also be one of the presenting sponsors of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” red carpet premiere in Los Angeles on Monday, November 16.
The blockbuster “The Hunger Games” film franchise has already grossed more than $2.3 billion at the global box office and “The Hunger Games” trilogy of books has sold more than 82 million copies.