Following the successful acquisition of FCI Group’s Motorized Vehicles Division (MVL), Delphi Automotive (NYSE: DLPH) has a broad and extended portfolio of high-value innovative interconnect systems aimed at providing global customers with safe, green and connected vehicle solutions.
Delphi will showcase this comprehensive portfolio at the upcoming Electronica show held here November 13 to 16 at the Messe Munich. On display at the show will include new technology focused on the Safety Restraint Systems (SRS) segment, connection solutions for electrical distribution, high power interconnections and engine control units. Delphi’s exhibit is located at booth B3.361.
Already an industry leader in the global manufacturing of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicles and other market segments, Delphi will leverage the acquisition to enhance its position as a global supplier of fully integrated connector solutions for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers. The acquisition also accelerates Delphi’s role as a premier supplier in the Safety Restraint Systems (SRS) segment.
“As a leading interconnect supplier, Delphi designs and produces the latest connection solutions for the automotive and commercial vehicle industries,” said Liam Butterworth, president, Delphi Connection Systems. “We are at the forefront of developing systems that optimize vehicle architectures, including hybrid and electric vehicles, and can help global automakers meet the individual challenges in their local markets.”
Delphi now has 11 major research and development centers, 31 manufacturing facilities and more than 2,000 scientists, engineers and technicians focused on developing cutting-edge connection systems. Particularly strong in the high-growth Asian market, Delphi is leveraging manufacturing and engineering presence in China, India and Korea to expand relationships with leading global auto and truck manufacturers.
The new Delphi Connection Systems portfolio includes comprehensive interconnect solutions that are aligned to industry megatrends:
- Leader in safety restraint systems (SRS), a critical part of each vehicle’s safety systems.
- Complete line of data connectivity products that link vehicle occupants with the vehicle environment.
- Full range of housings and terminals, providing an excellent combination between electrical and mechanical performance.
- Comprehensive portfolio of high power connection systems for global OEMs and device manufacturers.
- Innovative solutions for mechatronics packaging (MEPA) and pin headers for the world’s leading device manufacturers.
- World-class liquid sealing technology products for automotive and industrial markets.
- Comprehensive battery, underhood, interior & hybrid electrical center solutions to manage complexity in power switching & circuit protection.
*Automotive World is not responsible for the content of this news release.