- All-time best February marks 38th consecutive month of record sales for the brand
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales set 7th straight monthly record
- February was a strong month for Audi A6, Q7, and R8 sales
“Audi sales continued to remain strong with C and D segment vehicles – A6, A7, A8, Q7 – throughout the month of February, which shows the progress of the Audi brand and our retail partners are making in the U.S.,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America.
February results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q7 luxury crossover posting a 33.6% gain in February on 1,229 units delivered for the month and year-to-date sales increased 38% to a total of 2,497 vehicles.
Luxury sedan sales remain strong as the Audi A6 increased 27.2% to 1,743 vehicles sold for the month, while YTD sales increased 22.6% to 3,224 vehicles sold.
Audi has experienced increasing demand for the updated 2014 Audi R8 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus. Audi R8 January sales rose 40% MTD and 52.5% YTD.
February 2014 was the 7th consecutive record month for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 17.3% for the month, to a total of 3,267 vehicles.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 14.7% for the S4 sedan; 33.1% for the S5/ RS 5; 5.2% for the S6; 25.8% for the S7 / RS 7; 14.2% for the S8; 33.9% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster, and 7.9% for the SQ5 crossover.
- Sales of A6 increased to 27.2% compared to February 2013; YTD sales grew 22.6% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 33.6% compared to February 2013; YTD sales grew 38% compared to previous period.
- Audi R8 sales up 40% compared to February 2013; YTD sales grew 52.5% compared to previous period.
- Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 11.6% to 202 vehicles sold, for the Audi A7 TDI at 8.8% to 55 vehicles, for the A8 TDI to 16.4% to 59 vehicles, the Audi Q5 TDI at 16% to 422 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 25.2% to 310 vehicles; with an overall increase of 14.6% to 1,048 total TDI sales for February.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 17.3% to 3,267 vehicles in February.
- Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
– 2013 A4 includes A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
– 2013 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet models. – 2013 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
– 2013 A7 includes A7 sedan, S7 and RS 7 sedan. – 2013 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan models. – TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe; TT and TTS roadster models. – R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 Spyder models.